FEMA ADVISORY – May 26, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Whole-of-America Response
Attached you will find today’s FEMA Daily Briefing Points for the Whole-of-America response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These briefing points include Topline Messages, as well as information By the Numbers; Supply Chain Task Force; FEMA and Department of Health and Human Services Response; and Guidance from Federal Agencies.
Topline messaging includes:
- As of May 25, Small Business Administration has approved 430,906 Economic Injury Disaster Loan applications resulting in $37.8 billion in disaster loan funds available to assist businesses and their employees. The SBA has also approved over 4.4 million Paycheck Protection Program applications resulting in $511.2 billion available to assist businesses and their employees.
- On May 22, FEMA, HHS and the CDC announced release of a tool to support state, local, tribal, and territorial government officials with needed data as they continue to adjust community mitigation measures.
- The Community Mitigation decision support tool puts the data for each metric in the President’s Guidelines for Opening Up America Again in one easy-to-access place – the Gate Indicators tab and sub-tabs.
- Officials can view their influenza- and coronavirus-like illnesses, case and death data, as well as a range of information on hospital capacity to determine whether community mitigation should be adjusted.
- The tool also has a variety of other data available outlined in greater detail below. An account is required for access, and government officials can get one by applying here.
- As of May 22, FEMA has made 645 deliveries of medical supplies to nursing homes in 52 of 53 states and territories. FEMA is coordinating two shipments totaling a 14-day supply of personal protective equipment to all 15,400 Medicaid and Medicare-certified nursing homes. The shipments are meant to supplement existing efforts to provide equipment to nursing homes.
- As of May 23, FEMA, HHS, and the private sector combined have coordinated the delivery of or are currently shipping: 89.4 million N95 respirators, 135.2 million surgical masks, 15.0 million face shields, 32.4 million surgical gowns, and over 1 billion gloves.
- FEMA has procured and delivered 9.9 million swabs and 4.9 million units of media so far in the month of May. In support of the White House Task Force’s testing initiative, FEMA is procuring specimen collection supplies to supplement the supplies states and healthcare providers are procuring from the private market.
- As of May 23, CDC, state, and local public health labs and other laboratories have tested more than 13.6 million samples.
- As of May 22, the FDA has issued 109 individual emergency use authorizations (EAU) for test kit manufacturers and laboratories, including 12 antibody tests and 1 antigen test.
If you have any questions regarding this FEMA Advisory, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Division:
Follow FEMA on social media at: Visit the FEMA Blog, follow @FEMA or @FEMAEspanol on Twitter, FEMA or FEMA Espanol on Facebook, @FEMA on Instagram, and view videos on the FEMA YouTube channel, and Administrator Pete Gaynor on Twitter @FEMA_Pete.
To help people before, during and after disasters.