FEMA ADVISORY – May 15, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Whole-of-America Response
Attached you will find today’s FEMA Daily Briefing Points for the Whole-of-America response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These briefing points include Topline Messages, as well as information By the Numbers; Supply Chain Task Force; FEMA and Department of Health and Human Services Response; and Guidance from Federal Agencies.
Topline messaging includes:
- On May 14, President Trump announced continued efforts to ensure a fully stocked, resilient national stockpile and the strong domestic industrial base needed to confront COVID-19.
- These efforts will include a plan to restructure the Strategic National Stockpile, implanting lessons learned from recent pandemics.
- Additionally, the President signed an executive order providing authority to ensure America is producing critical goods necessary to build up our strategic stockpiles and reduce dependency on foreign supplies.
- As of May 14, FEMA, HHS, and the private sector combined have coordinated the delivery of or are currently shipping: 92.7 million N95 respirators, 133.7 million surgical masks, 10.5 million face shields, 22.5 million surgical gowns, and 989 million gloves.
- FEMA has procured and delivered 4.1 million swabs and 2.3 million media so far in the month of May. In support of the White House Task Force’s testing initiative, FEMA is supporting the procurement of specimen collection supplies to supplement the supplies states and healthcare providers are procuring from the private market.
- As of May 14, CDC, state, and local public health labs and other laboratories have tested more than 9.5 million samples.
- HHS and FEMA have expanded items supplied by the International Reagent Resource (IRR) to help public health labs access free diagnostics supplies and reagents.
- As of May 12, the FDA has issued 95 individual emergency use authorizations (EAU) for test kit manufacturers and laboratories, including 12 antibody tests and 1 antigen test.
- On May 11, President Trump announced additional efforts to ensure that every state, territory and tribe has the resources they need to meet their testing goals for opening up America again.
If you have any questions regarding this FEMA Advisory, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Division:
Follow FEMA on social media at: Visit the FEMA Blog, follow @FEMA or @FEMAEspanol on Twitter, FEMA or FEMA Espanol on Facebook, @FEMA on Instagram, and view videos on the FEMA YouTube channel, and Administrator Pete Gaynor on Twitter @FEMA_Pete.
To help people before, during and after disasters.